Pesquisar este blog

sexta-feira, 9 de julho de 2010

Lord Jim

...the kind of thing that by devious, unexpected, truly
diabolical ways causes me to run up against men with soft spots, with
hard spots, with hidden plague spots, by Jove! and loosens their tongues
at the sight of me for their infernal confidences; as though, forsooth,
I had no confidences to make to myself, as though--God help me!--I
didn’t have enough confidential information about myself to harrow my
own soul till the end of my appointed time...
so you see I am not particularly fit to be a receptacle of
confessions




Of course there
are men here and there to whom the whole of life is like an after-dinner
hour with a cigar; easy, pleasant, empty, perhaps enlivened by some
fable of strife to be forgotten before the end is told--before the end
is told--even if there happens to be any end to it.

Conrad é o cara no coração das trevas!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário